Monday, July 26, 2010

Stop. Now think about it.

Choices.

That's what life really is all about isn't it? Everyday in life, you face hundreds, even thousands of choices, ranging anywhere from; Superficial: "What should I wear today?" or "What should I have for lunch?" to something meaningful: "How am I going to make an impact today?"

Everything you do in life is a choice. Sometimes it may not be yours, while at other times, you have all the power to make your own decisions. You can also choose how you want to feel. When life gives you lemons, do you just take it and do nothing about it? Fuck no, you go and make lemonade or throw the fucking lemons back at life. Never once in your life do you have to feel down. But why is it so hard to make a decision that will obviously keep you happy? Why is it when life brings you down, you stay down when there are so many opportunities to get back up? I wish I knew why too... I'm generally a very optimistic person, but I'm not perfect. I make mistakes, and I too get trapped in this "mind trap" so-to-speak.

I believe that every person that we meet have some sort of impact on our lives. Remember it is our choice to even begin the friendly relationship in the first place. In some way or another, the two lives can become intertwined with a simple "Hi, I'm ____. Nice to meet you." You can choose whether or not you want to continue with that relationship or leave it at that. Of course, people take it to a much deeper and more intimate level, which we call love. Whether it be a good or bad relationship, there will always be something to take out of it. It is up to you to figure out what it is in that relationship that's important and that you can take in for the future.

So up to this point, I have made many decisions in my life thus far. There will be many, many more in the days, weeks, and years to come. I don't know if this "road" I'm choosing to take is the right one for me, but I will try to look back with no regrets, but rather with content that I have made it this far. Although some choices with people and things that I have made have not been the best, I still am grateful for the opportunity to even make the choice to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment